One of the problems that Windows 11 users face Windows 11 users is a black background that is displayed randomly after upgrading from Windows 10. According to the majority of users, they noticed an unreadable black background on the screen when they changed themes or selecting an entirely new wallpaper. There are some users who have experienced the background turning black when trying to access in the start menu.
The reason behind this issue with Windows 11 is not known however there are some solutions that have been tested successfully by other users who have encountered this issue. This article has several options have been provided that will help you solve this issue from the Windows 11 PC.
Before you proceed and try the suggestions below, you should perform the System restart and see if it solves the issue.
Fix 1 – Restart Windows Explorer Using Task Manager
1. Utilize to use the Control + Shift + Esc combination to launch the Task Manager.
2. Go to “More Details” below of the page to have a complete overview of the Task Manager.
3. Click on the Processes tab.
4. Click here to select Windows Explorer in the list of processes that are currently running on your system.
NOTE: If you cannot find Windows Explorer in the list then open the File Explorer (Windows + E) and then continue.
5. Click the Restart button on the bottom right. This will refresh the desktop wallpaper.
6. Now you will see the background image that you employed as wallpaper, in place of your black background.
Fix 2 – Change the Desktop Background Manually
If restarting Windows Explorer did not help you get rid of the black background display then you can try changing the wallpaper by hand using the instructions below.
1. Run Run by using your Windows and the R keys.
2. Type ms-settings:personalization to open the Personalization Settings page.
3. Then, click the Background to change the wallpaper of your desktop.
4. You are now within your section Background. section.
5. Select from the drop-down menu Picture from the drop-down menu below personalize the background.
6. Below, there is a Recent images section where you will see all the recently used backgrounds/pictures. Choose one of them to create a new background.
7. If you’d like to choose an alternative image for your wallpaper for your desktop Click on the Browse Photos button beside select the picture.
8. Choose the image that you’re interested in and click Select the picture.
9. That’s it. The wallpaper of the future will be displayed.
Fix 3 – Update the Graphics Driver
1. Click Windows + R to start the Run dialog.
2. Enter devmgmt.msc and hit Enter to start the Device Manager.
3. Select the downward direction arrow in front of display adapters to expand it to see the different graphics cards.
4. Just right click onto the graphic card, and select Upgrade Driver.
5. When you are in the Update driver wizard that appears Click on the Automatically search to find drivers option.
6. Windows begins to search for updates to the driver for the specific graphics card.
7. If an update is available that is available, the update will be installed, and then display an error warning message ” The best drivers for your device have been set up”.
8. Start your computer after the update has been completed and verify whether the issue is fixed.